Are you ready to start your very own online affiliate marketing empire? Great! Just follow these 10 easy steps and you’ll be raking in the dough in no time.
- Identify your target audience. Who are these people you’re trying to sell to? Aliens? Dogs? It doesn’t really matter, just pick something and stick with it.
- Choose a niche. This is just fancy talk for “something you’re slightly interested in.” Pick anything, seriously. We’re not picky.
- Find a product or service to promote. This is the fun part! Just browse through a bunch of random websites and throw a dart at your computer screen. Whatever it lands on, boom, you’ve got a product to promote.
- Join an affiliate network. Don’t worry, you don’t actually have to know what this means. Just Google “affiliate network” and sign up for the first one that pops up. Or start here.
- Create a website. If you don’t know how to do this, just ask your 12-year-old nephew. He’ll have it up and running in no time.
- Generate content. This is where you get to flex your creative muscles. Just open up a Word document and start typing whatever comes to mind. Bonus points if you include at least one cat GIF.
- Use social media. Post whatever you want, whenever you want. No one’s stopping you.
- Drive traffic to your website. Just put on a chicken suit and stand on the side of the road holding a sign that says “CHECK OUT MY WEBSITE.” Trust us, it works.
- Monitor and track your performance. This is the boring part. Just set up a bunch of fancy-sounding metrics and stare at them for a few hours.
- Keep learning and growing. Nope, not doing that. You’re an entrepreneur now, you don’t have time for that nonsense.
And that’s it! You’re now a certified online affiliate marketing expert. Congratulations, and happy selling!