So you want to be the next Kim Kardashian, but without all the hassle of actually being famous? Being a social media manager might be the perfect job for you! With the rise of the internet and the never-ending need for businesses to be “on brand,” social media managers are in high demand. And the best part? Many of these jobs can be done from the comfort of your own home.
But how do you get your first remote job as a social media manager? Here are some tips to help you become the next social media sensation:
- Build your skills and knowledge. To be a successful social media manager, you need to be a social media expert. Take courses, attend workshops, and spend hours scrolling through Instagram to learn all the latest trends and techniques. Bonus points if you can figure out how to use TikTok.
- Create a portfolio. You can’t be a social media manager without a portfolio of your work. Use your own social media accounts to showcase your skills and creativity. Post funny memes, gorgeous travel photos, and anything else that will make people want to follow you.
- Network and build connections. Networking is key to finding any job, and this is especially true for remote jobs. Attend industry events, join online forums and groups, and connect with other social media professionals. Just don’t be that creepy guy who tries to add everyone on LinkedIn.
- Search for job opportunities. There are tons of websites and job boards that list remote jobs, including ones for social media managers. Search for job opportunities that fit your skills and experience, and be sure to tailor your resume and cover letter to the specific job and company. Bonus points if you can make it funny.
- Prepare for the interview. Once you have applied for a job, you may be invited to participate in a remote interview. Be prepared to answer questions about your experience, skills, and knowledge of social media. You may also be asked to complete a test or assignment to demonstrate your abilities. Just don’t be that guy who brags about how many followers he has.
- Be professional and organized. Once you have landed your first remote job as a social media manager, it’s important to be professional and organized in order to succeed. Create a dedicated workspace at home, set clear goals and priorities, and communicate regularly with your team and clients. Just don’t be that guy who’s always on his phone.
Working as a remote social media manager can be a rewarding and fulfilling career. With the right skills, knowledge, and connections, you can find your dream job and start building your career from the comfort of your own home. Just don’t forget to take a break every once in a while and enjoy the real world. It’s not all hashtags and likes, you know.